In today’s practice, we will continue to work with emotions, specifically sadness.
- Allow sadness to flow through you without judging, commenting, or interpreting your thoughts.
- Investigate where do you feel sadness in the body?
- What does it feel like? Notice sensations of heaviness, loneliness, grief, uncomfortableness, vulnerability. Honoring sadness. Feel what is there and turn towards it, gently with respect.
- Note it’s intensity – low, medium, high
- Notice how it affects your breath?
- How do you feel physically?
- Releasing the story around why you are sad and instead rest in the physical sensations being produced by sadness.
- Widening around the sensation – give it room to move through you.
- Witnessing what is arising without interfering.
- Allowing the breath to guide you through the experience.
- Turn away from the object of your sadness and instead reside in the body and the sensations arising.
- Coming back to the breath as your foundation.
Notice if the outcome of your practice today was different than what you believed it would be like. I look forward to guiding you in your next practice.